NEW SAWMILL TRIMMER SCANNER
The new transverse sawmill optimizer uses the projection of a unique continuous laser line to measure the quality of the fibre and to allow detection and trimming of pieces with soft decay. Furthermore, using uniquely angled sensor and combining multiple differential measurements,the technology is a significant leap in dimensional precision. With both width and thickness accuracy in the +/-0.005 inches range, it is so precise that it allows the upstream monitoring of the sawing process for drift, mismatch, bevel cuts and other primary breakdown defects.
’Made on all four sides and both ends, The scanning allows accurate optimization using detailed and quality images of the fiber with the highest accuracy in the industry. The technology has unparalleled accuracy and allows the best optimization and monitoring of the adjustments of the upstream sawing equipments.
High density readings
The scan density can be set to 1/16 "if necessary;
Permanent and sustainable calibration require a simple annual validation;
Minimum vision components reducing costs and future maintenance.
- Lumber size : 1x2 – 1x3 – 1x4 – 1x6 - 2x2 – 2x3 – 2x4 – 2x6 – 2x8 – 2x10 – 3x3 – 4x4;
- Length measurement accuracy: +/- 0.250''
- Width measurement accuracy : +/- 0.005''
- Thickness measurement accuracy: +/- 0,005''
Defects measurement accuracy
- Maximum skip and equivalent
- Maximum wane and equivalent
- Full width and thickness wane
- Surface Defects and holes
- Dimensionnal, Face and edge wane, Face and edge skip, Decay/Rot,
Download the technical specifications (PDF)